Tuesday, January 25, 2011

East Coast.

Early August my mom, brother, and I headed off to New York yet again. My mom's entire side of the family still lives in and around New York so we try and do a trip once a year. My mom decided at a young age that she wanted something new and decided to travel cross country to California. This explains the separation between the family. None of her family ever followed her. For them, New York was just safer than picking up and moving somewhere new. As much as I love visiting New York, I'm so glad I grew up in sunny California.

Back to the trip. Well, not much happened. Hung out with some relatives, ate some food, walked around the city, and that was about it. When I'm in New York, I feel like I'm still just back at home. We don't really do anything to make me feel that I'm truly in a new place. The highlight of my trip was seeing my grandpa get stuck in a children's massage chair. I don't think I've ever laughed that hard in my life. I also talked my aunt into taking me to the NYMOMA in the city. Because of the crazy parking prices we had to speed walk through the art exhibits. Next time hopefully I can stay longer.

Here are a few photos from my trip. I didn't take too many simply because I spent most of my time indoors. Oh well, there's always next time.


Little boxes

Pollock Print

Descent

eARTh

Peace

Loading up

Light leak paradise

No comments: