Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Five.

I was due for an upgrade so I figured no time better than now to make the jump. iPhone 5 is a pretty awesome phone. I find myself just turning it on to swipe through my pages of apps and marvel at the design and craftsmanship (weird I know). I wasn't sure how I would feel about the longer screen, but it's pretty great. Unless your holding it next to it's predecessor it really doesn't feel that big. In short, I'm pretty excited.

Five.

So me being the video guy I am, I wanted to push this phone's camera. Sure there are a bunch of test videos online, but nothing that looked very cinematic. I talked to a few friends about my idea and we decided to do a test of our own.

Fort Ord Pool Hall.

We wound up at one of my favorite filming locations, Fort Ord. This place gets more awesome every time I visit. More garbage, more graffiti, and more character. We almost got the boot from a cop, but we were stealthy about getting in and out without being too obvious.

BTS: iPhone 5 Video Test

I mounted the iPhone on my camera slider to get those slow tracking shots we all see in the movies. All in all, we shot for an hour or so before calling it a day. We could have easily shot for another few hours, but we didn't want to risk it.

Here is the final product.

No comments: