Friday, February 4, 2011

A Great Time Killer.

Checking Flickr has always been an integral part of my daily web browsing. So many good photos uploaded everyday. It's also exciting when you see photos that your friends post in the recent activity section of the page. Flickr is also a great way to meet other photographers and learn from them.

Recently I stumbled upon two photographers whose work I am greatly influence and inspired by. Their names are Rick Nunn and Connor Surdi. Both extremely talented photographers with very unique styles.

A few weeks ago, Mr. Surdi posted a photo as a part of his 365 project. For those that don't know, a 365 project is basically a photo a day for an entire year. Most people just snap whatever is around them without too much thought, but Connor goes all out with a crazy new photo everyday. Back to the story. So the photo he posted was of his bathroom, but with multiple versions of him within the space. Unfortunately due to copyrights, I can't post the photo here, but here's the link if you care to take a look.

Here's my version of the "multiple personalities" style photo.

Reflections.

I set my camera up on a tripod so that the framing would remain consistent across all the shots. I then proceeded to snap photos with me in different locations. I merged the three photos in Photoshop and did some minor color correction work to hide the blending across the layers. I'm very happy with the way this experiment worked out. I have some things in mind for a crazier photo of similar nature that I hope to pull off in the coming months. Stay tuned.

No comments: