Sunday, April 1, 2012

New Chapter.



Today marks a new chapter...

When I woke up this morning, I had no idea the day was going to pan out the way it did. All I knew was that at 1pm, I was going to meet with the Plant 51 sales rep to put in an offer on our second choice loft unit. The brick loft I posted about a few weeks back was unfortunately snatched away from us by another buyer. Jenny and I had the option to proceed with our second choice unit or continue to keep looking for places. We decided that we weren't going to find any place like the lofts at Plant 51, so I told the sales rep I was ready to purchase.



So, today when I went to the sales office, the rep divulged some new information. The person who reserved the brick loft never followed through with the paper work. This meant that starting that day, unit 2131 (the one Jenny and I loved) was back on the market. In the back of my head, I was thinking "April Fools, right?" Nope. Just lucky timing.

Jenny and I were at a standstill. We didn't know what to do. The brick loft was a bit more money, but it was our first choice to begin with. The only way to make a final decision was to do a final walkthrough. It was one of those moments where when you walk through the door, it just feels right. It was meant to be.



A few hours and 200+ documents later we had put our offer in. We were able to agree to a 55 day escrow, which meant that we would have close to two months to save up for furniture and such. As awesome as today was, nothing is guaranteed. We are not out of the woods quite yet. Our purchase is contingent on us getting financing. Based on what the mortgage broker said, we should be just fine, but nothing is for sure. So until then, fingers crossed.

If it's meant to be, it's meant to be.

New Home

No comments: