Saturday, March 24, 2012

Goodbye Old Friend

Goodbye old Friend.


From the moment I purchased my x100, I sort of new this moment was inevitable. Now that I'm trying to save up for a downpayment on a house, I'm trying to make cash from wherever I can. I figured while the camera was still relevant I'd put it up for sale. One craigslist posting later and I had 20-30 messages in my inbox.

Because I was not the original seller, selling this camera was like pulling teeth. Apparently, in recent months, this camera has been known to have a "sticky aperture blade" issue. Because of this known issue, everyone wanted the purchase receipt so they could get the camera serviced by Fujifilm. So for me, not having this was a big turn off. Finally, I found someone who didn't care so much about the receipt, but rather that they were getting a good price for this awesome little camera.

All in all, for three months of use with the camera, I only lost $50.

Thanks for all the good times. I will miss you.

No comments: