Thursday, July 14, 2011

I Love to Flash.

Finally took the plunge into the world of off camera flash photography and bought myself a Yongnuo wireless trigger system. This little device connects your camera to your flash wirelessly so you can move your light source independently. On a recent trip to visit my mom down south in sunny San Clemente, Jenny and I gave our new toy a go. We headed up to the scenic bluffs that overlook all of Orange County's coast. We also happened to catch the sun just as it was setting behind the ocean.

Here is one of Jenny shot with a Canon 580 EXII fired from the right of the subject with no bounce or diffusion.

Golden Girl.


I still have a lot to learn in terms of making the lighting appear natural and deliberate. Since getting the wireless trigger, I've also invested in a bounce umbrella and stand to help with diffusion.

Here are two photos of my pug Coco that we used for Graduation Thank You cards.

Graduation Pug.

Ahead of the Game.

No comments: