Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Hester Prynne.

Here's another short film I helped out with from my Film 196 class taken at UC Santa Cruz. I was Director of Photography on this particular project. After numerous complications with actors bailing, I think the film came out as good as could have with the script revisions. I was also fortunate to work with a great group of people who all have their unique passions, which helped make this film so much stronger in the end. I mean come on, who else has an orchestra score their senior thesis film?

Synopsis:
"There are skeletons in Robert Cleaver's closet. When Robert's wife, Martha, is late to meet him at the theater for a showing of "Hester Prynne" - a theatrical interpretation of Nathaniel Hawthorne's "The Scarlet Letter" - Robert can do little more than wait and dwell in his thoughts. That is until the show starts. To Robert's surprise and horror, he witnesses the skeletons he had been hiding manifest themselves onto the stage."

Warning: *MATURE CONTENT*

No comments: