Monday, June 13, 2011

"Parallels" is a Wrap!

Film Still #9 from "Parallels"


My screening for my thesis film I made while attending UC Santa Cruz was this past Friday. As stressful as it was, I think it was received very well. I was lucky to have worked with a great group of passionate people. I was also fortunate enough to have the privilege of filming in Saturn Cafe, the awesome vegetarian all night diner located in Santa Cruz, CA.

For those that don't know, my film was an attempt at portraying two seemingly unrelated stories on screen simultaneously. Using a mix of graphic matches, similar visuals, and juxtaposing elements I wanted to connect the two stories beyond the confines of their isolated frames.

The saying goes, "We are our own worse critic." This holds extremely true for this piece. I was on the fence about so much stuff. Because of the level of attention that had to paid to timing actions and image composition, I became extremely burned out. I'd wake up sick, sore feet, and back, but in the end, it was all worth it.

If I were to go back and do it again, I probably wouldn't have made a film like this. With that being said, I've have learned so much from this experience. So, if hypothetically I was to make another split screen film again, I'd be much better prepared.

Please enjoy!



Here are a few of my favorite still from the film

Film Still #8 from "Parallels"

Film Still #1 from "Parallels"

Film Still #2 from "Parallels"

Film Still #7 from "Parallels"

Film Still #6 from "Parallels"

Film Still #5 from "Parallels"

Film Still #4 from "Parallels"

Film Still #3 from "Parallels"

No comments: