Monday, May 18, 2009

Moonlighting...

... is the name of our 2009 neo-noir film made by the Film Production Coalition. I was fortunate enough to be cast as the DP (Director of Photography) for the film, which means I got to use my HVX 35mm adapter setup!! Going into the film, my biggest concern was all the night shoots because my HVX does NOT like low light situations. With most night shoots the hardest thing is lighting for night. A number of shoots proved to be very difficult, but in the end we worked through them all.

We finished principal photography a few weeks ago and now the post team is hard at work. We have a rough cut done now, and our sound guy Ed is hard at work sound mixing the film. I sat in on a color correcting session with Ben Bunch to give my input on different color palettes. I'm really happy with the way things are going and I can't wait to watch it on the big screen on May 30th!

In the editing suite

Here's our 45 minute film in the FCP timeline (look at all the different clips!!)
Untitled

No comments: